Thank you for registering for the Highline 100 ride.
Here is some information to help with the event:
1. There is a check-in/welcome evening on Friday Sept 6th
a. Location: King Fir Lodge, Timberline Crescent – just off the Fernie Ski Hill Rd. (2nd left after turning off Hwy 3)
b. Time: 5:30 - 9:30 pm.
c. Purpose: pick up some swag, see map of course including starting location, meet some organizers & other riders.
2. Ride information for Saturday Sept 7th - Ride Starts at 9 am (please allow driving time of 40 minutes from Fernie to the start of the ride)
a. Start Location: South Country property – on North Star Road just west of Waldo Road.
b. Directions: travel southwest of Fernie on Hwy 3 (30km or so) until intersection of Hwy 93 south. Go left, south on Hwy 93. You should see some Highline signs on the road for the turn which is about 6-7 km south of intersection; turn right onto Jaffray Baynes Lake Rd. Heading west on this road again you should see Highline 100 route signs (yellow). Go approx. 3-4km and turn left onto Baynes Lake Loop Rd. at T-intersection turn left (still will be on Baynes Lake Loop Rd.). Go to next T-intersection and turn left onto Edwards Rd. Follow that until you arrive at the gate for South Country (about another 2km). Someone will direct you to parking on Waldo Rd. Please note there is no room to park all the cars at South Country so we will be using a property about 1km away just off Waldo Rd.
c. Bottom line….easier if you please drop by Friday night as we have maps there and someone to chat about the route/start.
LUNCH WILL BE HOSTED AT THE SAME LOCATION AS WHERE THE RIDE STARTED - South Country Property
Following the ride we hope to see you at the Rusty Edge (on the Fernie ski hill) cocktails start at 5:30 pm and dinner at 6:30 pm followed by presentations and dancing till midnight!
3. There are aid stations on the route and vehicles for support including first aid if needed. However you are expected to carry gear to support yourself e.g. in event of a flat.
4. This is a FUN ride, not a race. There is no timing or prizes. Enjoy the Cinnamon Buns/coffee, lunch and ice cream afterwards… remember the FUN part.
5. SAFETY is our number one priority. Please ride in single file on the Hwy 3 and 93. On other roads please be courteous of cars.
Any questions please send email to email@example.com. Thanks.